Friday, July 07, 2006

Wedding Bells

Having been away for a week for a very special wedding, I think it’s a good time to write about one of the requests I have had so far – Logic behind marriage.

I would like to think there is no logic behind marriages, clichéd it may sound but they are just meant to be or not meant to be.

“A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences” – Anonymous

Made for Each other couples don’t just happen, the couples put in time and more importantly thought to make themselves perfect for each other.

I have friends who are wonderful people with failed marriages in past and who have been lucky the second time around, so in reality all marriages do not last forever though I wish they did.

I ask myself how is marriage different from just being together in love. Before my marriage, I always thought of perfect love to be as strong and committed as a marriage, now I think of perfect marriage to be tender and fresh as love. In an ideal world love and marriage would be the same.

Pondering for few hours now, the difference I think is love brings two individuals together and marriage brings two lives together embodying families, friends and fortunes.

With that note I sum up this piece, hope you enjoyed reading!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger dumbdodi said...

I have been writing for many years now, but this has been one of the most difficult articles and ironically after so much effort I am not at all happy with the way it turned out.

5:45 pm, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Gaurav said...

gimme around 2-3 years... lemme get married... then, and only then will I comment on the above... :)

8:02 pm, July 07, 2006  
Blogger dumbdodi said...

Hmmm Gaurav...Good Luck, hope the bells ring for you sooner than that :-)

9:06 am, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home