Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Jana Gana Mana




To my fellow indians and to all my world friends I present a beautiful video of our national anthem. With this post I entrust all of you to respect our national anthem and to watch it in its true spirit.

Transalation of our national Anthem which was written and composed by Rabindranath Tagore:

Thou art the/??? ruler of the minds of all people,
dispenser of India's destiny.
Thy name rouses the hearts of Punjab, Sindh, Gujarat, the Maratha country,
in the Dravida country, Utkala (Orissa) and Bengal;
It echoes in the hills of the Vindhyas and Himalayas,
it mingles in the rhapsodies of the pure waters Jamuna and the Ganges.
They chant only thy name,
they seek only thy blessings,
They sing only thy praise.
The saving of all people waits in thy hand,
thou dispenser of India's destiny.
Victory, victory, victory to thee.

17 Comments:

Blogger Pat Paulk said...

That is beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing!!

1:58 pm, August 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dat's fantastic!Glad you shared it with us..

2:27 pm, August 15, 2006  
Blogger dumbdodi said...

@Pat, I am glad you appreciated it.

@Gangadhar, To be honest I had never read the translation before so when I saw one I knew I had to post it. Its such a great piece

2:34 pm, August 15, 2006  
Blogger CE said...

Great song and video! Thanks for sharing it.

6:50 pm, August 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my fav song is the national anthem.it felt great to see the video.

6:55 pm, August 15, 2006  
Blogger ari4u said...

DD, this video gave me the goosebumps. It was awesome. Never seen it before. A.R definitely did better than his previous ones. Thanks so much for sharing.

4:37 am, August 16, 2006  
Blogger dumbdodi said...

@Imemine, I am really glad you liked it

@Sai, Its my favourite song too. Video is really a masterpiece

@Ari, it has the same effect on me. The video is shown only occassionally back home during special days.I just jumped out of joy when I spotted it on youtube. AR did definitely arrange it excellently. You are always welcome

7:10 am, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The video was great, if the video could give me goosebumps I can imagine how special it would be for you

7:49 am, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, it was awesome to watch and listen

8:30 am, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Jeevan said...

Good Transalation Friend:), excelent video, first time seeing the whole video. You can sent me what ever info u get about India, Happy to know ur support:)

9:18 am, August 16, 2006  
Blogger dumbdodi said...

@Rhea, Thanks hun

@Dale, Glad you enjoyed it

9:44 am, August 16, 2006  
Blogger dumbdodi said...

@Jeevan, I didn't actually transalate it myself, found it on the net. The videa is good, i am glad you could the full one at my Workshop.
I will send you something soon, bye

9:45 am, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply Superb

10:13 am, August 16, 2006  
Blogger dumbdodi said...

@Malcolm Thanks

10:52 am, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Known Stranger said...

i know national anthem is writtne by rabintranath tagore
but do we have a separate national song ?

12:25 pm, August 17, 2006  
Blogger dumbdodi said...

@Known stranger Yes, we do
'Vande Mataram' by Bankim Chandra Chatopadhyay

12:58 pm, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

awesome!

10:23 pm, August 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home